Virtual Site Inspection – Marching Band – Travel
Check your passport has a minimum of six months validity before expiry on the date of your return to the USA i.e July 2021.
- Take several photocopies of the biographical page of your passport in case you lose the original.
- Check if you need a vIsa.
Note: US Passport holders do not require a Visa.
Please Visit www.travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html for more information.
- Electrical current in England = 220 – 240 volts (US 110 Volts).
- Electrical sockets (outlets) in London require a three pin plug so you will need a converter.
- Adaptors v Transformers – there is a difference!
- Most hotels will have USB charging ports in the room.
- Smartphones and tablets will all work fine with the higher voltage in England.
- For cell phone service you will need an overseas plan./ Speak to your supplier prior to travel. Some operators will offer a Travel Pass.
- Free WiFi in your hotel so download Skype or FaceTime for free face-to-face calls.
In the United Kingdom the currency is pounds (£) and pence (p). 100 pence = £1 Pound.
UK denominations of Bills / Notes are as follows: £5, £10, £20, £50.
UK denomination of coins is as follows: £2, £1, 50p, 20p, 10p, 5p, 2p, 1p,
How do I pay for things in London?
- Cash in pounds (£) but don’t bring a lot.
- Bank card to use at ATM’s.
- Credit Cards – Visa & Mastercard are best.
- Pre-paid cards (recommended) – Visa & Mastercard are best.
ATM’s / Cash Point
Use your band card to take out Pounds Sterling at ATM’s outside most banks and in some shops across London.
Most common ATM providers are:
It is best to avoid cash points which are not branded (fee’s may apply).
You’re away for one week – don’t over do it:
- One check-in bag (50 lbs max) in weight and total dimensions 62 inches. Airlines vary, so double check online.
- One carry on bag and purse or laptop bag.
- You may have to take you small instrument as a carry on or to be packed in you checked suitcase.
Temperature in London at New Year:
- Average Low 37F
- Average High 48F
Layers are the answer:
- Light waterproof jacket
- Comfortable walking shoes
- NYE Party clothes
- Don’t leave home without your passport
- Don’t be late – arrive 3 hrs (minimum) prior to flight time
- No ticket required
- Check-in your suitcase
- Seats are pre-allocated
- Enter through Airport security after check-in
- All liquids and gels must be must be put in plastic bags when travelling on the airplane (4 fl.oz.)
Your Transatlantic Flight
- All transatlantic flights are overnight
- London is 5 hours ahead of Eastern Time (6 hours Central, 7 hours Mountain, 8 hours Pacific).
- Try to get some rest
- Dinner, snack meal and sodas are all free on board
- Movies, TV and music all free
- Best to bring your own headset
Arriving in the U.K.
- Once getting off the plane, make your way to customs and go through the non-EU line.
- Once through customs, claim luggage
- Exit through the ‘Nothing to Declare’ doors
Airport Meet & Greet
- After immigration & baggage collection you will make your way to the arrivals hall
- Met by a professional ‘meet & greet’ team from Destination Events, who will be holding LNYDP branded signs
Departure from U.K.
- Your coach will pick your group up from your hotel to transport you to the airport
- Your group will be met by our professional ‘meet & greet’ team from Destination Events, who will assist with check-in
- Ensure any extra liquids over the airport limit are disposed of